Solent Streetworks are now recruiting!
Streetworks Coordinator – Ref: SSCLSW20220128
We are currently seeking a self-motivated individual for a role as a Street Works Coordinator.
The role is primarily home based and on contracts around the UK, but it would be advantageous if the successful applicant had a full UK driving licence and their own vehicle, to attend meetings as and when required.
The role is for a small, family run business based in Hampshire, on the South Coast of England.
As a Streetworks Coordinator your role will be to Support the Street Works Co-ordination function in the application of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991.
What you will be doing:
- Applying for notices and permit to various local and Highway Authorities around the UK.
- Ensuring that applications are in line with the Traffic Management Act 2004.
- Liaise with local and Highway Authorities, Site Agents and Traffic Management suppliers to help deliver the works on schedule. This maybe over telephone, email or the internal Street Works system.
- Knowledge of avoiding Fixed Penalty Notices (FPNs) and Section 74 overstays.
- Undertaking investigative work when FPNs and S74s are issued to challenge where possible.
- A keen eye for detail is essential and the ability to work to tight deadlines on a daily basis.
- Ensure that clashes do not occur with planned works, but where unavoidable see if collaborative working is possible.
- Running of Daily Jeopardy Report and emailing to all interested parties.
- Updating notices and permits on the system as and when required.
- Monitoring and replying to Works Comments from the local authorities.
- Requesting Traffic Management plans to be drawn up as and when required.
- Knowledge of identifying a defects would be advantageous.
- Monitoring your own email inbox throughout the working day.
- The ability to demonstrate knowledge and application of key CoP(s) and legislation is essential.
- Deals with enquiries and complaints from the members of the public and other agencies.
- Maintain a close working relationship with all local authorities
- Requesting safe digs and utility drawings from relevant asset owners in the areas we are working.
- Works closely with the Street Works Manager to ensure day to day activities run as smoothly as possible.
Essential Experience Required
- Knowledge of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991.
- At least 2 years of Street Works coordination.
- At least 2 years’ experience with Symology and preferably 1 year of experience with Street Manager.
- Knowledge of the Traffic Management Act 2004.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Computer literate across the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent spelling and grammar.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with clients, councils and site agents.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and independently.
- Ability to understand Traffic Management plans.
Role to be contract based only, either CIS, sole trader or via own Limited Company.
Renumeration on a day rate and the amount of which is dependent on experience.
This role is with a small company that has grown within the past 18 months and looking to continue its growth in the rapidly growing digital environment. There is potential to gain plenty of experience and grow a project yourself.