Solent Streetworks are now recruiting!
Streetworks Coordinator – Ref: SSCLSW20230327
Required from 10/03/2023.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated individual for a role as a Street Works & Utility Stats Coordinator. The role is for a growing business based in Hampshire, on the South Coast of England with the ambition to continue in the rapidly growing digital environment. There is potential to gain plenty of experience and grow a project yourself and building your professional network.
The role will be a hybrid one, with your time split between working from our office in Southampton City Centre and remotely from home where you will be working on contracts throughout the UK.
As a Streetworks Coordinator, your role will be to Support the Street Works Co-ordination function in the application of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991.
Your duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Applying for permits to various Local and Highway Authorities around the UK.
• Ensuring that applications are in line with the Traffic Management Act 2004.
• Liaise with local and Highway Authorities, Site Agents and Traffic Management suppliers to help deliver the works on schedule. This may be over the telephone, email, the internal Street Works system or a business communication platform (such as Microsoft Teams or Zoom).
• Knowledge of avoiding Fixed Penalty Notices (FPNs) and Section 74 overstays.
• Undertaking investigative work when FPNs and S74s are issued to challenge where possible.
• A keen eye for detail is essential as the ability to work to tight deadlines on a daily basis.
• Ensure that clashes do not occur with planned works, but where unavoidable see if collaborative working is possible.
• Running of Daily Jeopardy Report and email to all interested parties.
• Updating notices and permits on the system as and when required.
• Monitoring and replying to Works Comments from the local authorities.
• Requesting Traffic Management plans to be drawn up as and when required.
• Knowledge of identifying defects would be advantageous.
• Monitoring your own email inbox throughout the working day.
• The ability to demonstrate knowledge and application of key CoP(s) and legislation is essential.
• Deals with enquiries and complaints from the members of the public and other agencies.
• Maintain a close working relationship with all local authorities
• Requesting safe digs and utility drawings from relevant asset owners in the areas we are working.
• Works closely with the Street Works Manager to ensure day-to-day activities run as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
Essential Experience Required
• Knowledge of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 and Traffic Management Act 2004.
• At least 2 years of Street Works coordination, ideally with Symology or Mayrise and preferably 1 year of experience with Street Manager.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Computer literate across the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Excellent spelling and grammar, with a keen eye for detail.
• Ability to build and maintain relationships with clients, councils and site agents.
• Must be able to work as part of a team and independently.
• Ability to understand Traffic Management plans.
Desirable Experience/ Skills
• Knowledge of requesting maps of underground services, also known as Safe Digs, Utility Prints or Stats.
• Full UK driving licence, with access to your own transport.
Role to be contract-based only, either sole trader or via own Limited Company. Remuneration on a day rate and the amount of which is dependent on experience.
Solent Streetworks are #hiring. Know anyone who might be interested? #StreetWorksCoordination
#Roadworks #NRSWA #Planning #Coordinator #NewRoadsandStreetWorksAct1991
#TrafficManagement #UtilityStats #SafeDigs #jobopportunity #smallbusiness #utilities
#digitalinfrastructure #TrafficManagementAct2004 #SafetyatStreetWorks #fibre #gigabit #fullfibre
#ultrafastbroadband #teamwork #healthandsafetyatworkact1974 #hsg47 #telecoms #teamwork